Here in Trumansburg, Main Street will be transformed into a small-town winter street fair on Friday December 6 during the Tru-Ullysses Winter Fest.
- Local entertainment awaits in the form of a juggler, magician, and street performers.
- Local businesses will offer food and arts-and-crafts vendors for your gift-giving needs.
- The evening's highlights include our traditional tree-lighting and arrival of Santa Claus, all before a fireworks display lights the sky at 9pm at the Fairgrounds to close the Opening Night.
- store open houses,
- refreshments at many area businesses,
- music, and
- a model train display. Our official brochure outlines all the weekend's activities.
The town of Ithaca will be alive with activity from the end of November through mid-December! The Downtown Ithaca Festival features a variety of events to keep you in the spirit of the season.
- Restaurant Week - area eateries will offer tastings, classes, specials, and fixed-price menus.
- Gallery Night on the 6th offers fun events and giveaways at the downtown galleries.
- Bools' Flower Shop offers their Holiday Open House.
- Help out Habitat for Humanity by indulging in some delicious treats at their Cookie Sale in Center Ithaca.
- Santa Arrives at noon in an unexpected way, accompanied by games, music, and dancing in Center Ithaca.
- Marvel at the skill of a dozen chainsaw, hammer, and chisel-wielding artists as they turn ice into works of art at the Ice Wars Ice Carving Competition at Ithaca Commons.
- The Fourth Annual Downtown Ithaca Chowder Cook-off at Ithaca Commons: there isn't much that does a better job of warming you than a steaming bowl of chowder. 20 restaurants will compete for the title! Your $10 ticket includes tastings of a wide variety of chowders.
- Fine and crafted arts are perfect answers to your holiday gift list; come to the Holiday Artists Market at the Holiday Inn.