Since its start in 1956, this road-course has regularly hosted NASCAR Sprint Cup, Formula 1, Trans-Am,
Can-Am, and an array of other races, with only a single break in events from 1981-1984. Over the years the course has been improved and expanded. Now, with a possible 3.4 miles in a single lap (the short course is 2.45 miles), the speedway currently hosts four major races each year. And with event space in any of the location's 550 total acres, there is plenty of room for the two other large area events held here annually.
- Opening Weekend in April: Celebrate the start of event season by taking a drive around the racetrack yourself!
- Sahlen's Six Hours of The Glen, June 28-30, 2013: A race of endurance for the GRAND-AM Series.
- SCCA Glen Double Nationals, July 5-7, 2013: The Sports Car Club of America brings participants to race towards NESCCA Divisional Championships.
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival, July 12-14, 2013: Wine, music, art, and food with over 90 wineries represented and more than 100 other vendors on location. Cooking demonstrations, tastings, and pace-car rides can be enjoyed by all in attendance.
- Cheez-It 355 at The Glen, August 8-11, 2013: NASCAR Sprint Cup race featuring 90 laps totaling 200.5 miles.
- Glenora Wine Cellars U.S. Vintage Grand Prix, September 6-8, 2013: Hosted by the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association, this race features historic cars from as far back as the 1930s. The Mini will be the featured marque.
- Glentoberfest, October 26, 2013: A traditional Oktoberfest celebration here at Watkins Glen International with music, food, and of course beer! Tickets include a souvenir mug and tokens for two drinks. Held in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Garage. Pace car rides may be offered.
Whether you come for racing, wine, or celebration, you'll have a great time at The Glen, and a relaxing getaway here at the bed and breakfast! Indulge in the gourmet breakfast provided each morning before all the fun at the raceway, enjoy a soak in one of our hot tubs in the evening, and settle into a great night's rest in any of our eight luxurious suites in both the Main House and the Potter House next door. Give us a call to see if we still have rooms available for any of the remaining Glen events this year!