Both Trumansburg and nearby Ithaca offer some great Holiday Events to attend:
- First Weekend in December: Tru-Ullysses Winter Fest - This old-fashioned celebration here in Trumansburg features traditional street performances, the arrival of Santa Claus, and food, art, and craft vendors throughout the village. On Friday, the vendors can be found at the Trumansburg Conservatory at 5:30pm, the ceremonial tree lighting, Santa's arrival, and downtown business evening hours begin at 6:00 pm with carriage rides, food, music, ice sculpture demonstrations, and more. A fireworks show happens at 9:00pm at the Trumansburg Fairgrounds. Saturday brings the Sugar Plum and Such Bazaar at the United Methodist Church, the Craft Fair at the Trumansburg Elementary School, the Handmade Holiday Market featruing works by area artisans at the Trumansburg Conservatory of Fine Arts, Fun with Santa and Silent Auction at the Presbyterian Chapel, and the Russian Tea with Seasonal Music and Model Train Display at the Ulysses Historical Society. Whew! So much to do! Come and enjoy a traditional Christmas event right here in Trumansburg!
- Friday December 7, 2012: Ithaca's Lights on the River Festival beginning at 5:30pm - Lights, holiday decorations, music, ice sculpting, horse and wagon rides, entertainment, and Santa! Fireworks are at 8:00pm.
- Saturday December 8, 2012: Ithaca's Holiday Magic Festival - a continuation of Friday's events with the addition of kid's activities, the annual Gingerbread House Contest, and more.
- Friday, December 14, 2012: Ithaca's Tinsel 'N Lights Festival - from 5:30-8:30 including Santa, ice sculpting, live reindeer, horse and wagon rides, music, food, and more. Fireworks at 7:15.
- Antiques - Everything old is new again! Find the perfect gift for anyone on your list at our great antique stores.
- Area Wineries - take home some great vintages for both gifts and celebrating. Many have their own Holiday Activities happening in-house. I will be glad to point you to the best ones!
- Funky Finds - Unique vintage clothing and accessories (and more!).
- Gimmee! Coffee - A great gift store with coffee tools and mugs for the coffee lover. Check out their great coffee packages!
- Life's So Sweet Chocolates - Delicious hand-dipped chocolates sure to satisfy the pickiest sweet-tooth.
- Sundrees - A gift store with unique items including jewelry, pottery, kitchen tools, clothing, home decorations, candles, and much more.
- T-Burg Liquor Store - Okay, so it might be considered taking the easy route when you purchase a gift that will make the receiver THIS happy... Check out Mick's Picks: a selection of really great affordable wines chosen by the owner.
Innkeeper Rose Hilbert
POBox 95, 112 E. Main St.
Trumansburg, NY, 14886
1-800-387-7712 | 607-387-6033