The Inn at Gothic Eves recently held a Bridal Shower Event for a couple from Cornell University Vet School. The happy couple and friends started their party on the slate terrace with drinks and appetizers. Many participants were from the vet school and the mother of bride also attended.
Lunch was a Tea party which was held inside in the large dining room. After lunch, the guests moved into the living room where the bride proceeded to open her gifts. The menu was provided by Simply Red Lakeside Bistro and included:
- Artisan Cheese with fruit, spiced nuts, olives, baguettes,
- Hummus with pink peppercorns, garlic and lemon
- Chicken Salad Sandwich made with local roasted, pulled, curried chicken , spinach, apricots, chevre, sugared orange slices on a honey yogurt roll
- Grilled Eggplant Sandwich made with baby arugula, oven cured tomatoes,and a haloumi cheese, yogurt, and a tahini and mint sauce on focaccia
- Cheddar Chive and black pepper Scones, Blueberry and Apples miniature muffins
- White Cake with lemon curd filling and a white mousseline icing with lemon zest decorated with fresh edible flowers and mint
- Tea – Black and Mint
If you are interested in having a small event at the Inn please contact us. The Inn can accommodate 15-20 people for a sit down dinner, 25-30 people for a buffet and with a tent no more than 50 people.
Innkeeper Rose Hilbert
POB 95, 112 E. Main St.
Trumansburg, NY, 14886